1 cup Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup (130 grams) granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups (195 grams) self raising flour
(1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder - if using plain flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In the bowl ,beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric or hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour(using plain flour, baking powder) and salt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the blue berries to the mixture and mix well to spread the blue berries evenly.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 20 minutes or just until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Cup cakes, my son's favorite cake :) mine too! I was not a big fan of blueberry cup cakes until I made them myself :). A small variation to the above recipe, and we can have some yummy choco chip cup cakes, I am sure kids will love them!
Yet another variation, instead of choco chip, sprinkle some almond scrapes, lo and behold this is what you end up with...:)