Raw rice (Pachari) - 2 cups
Grated coconut - half
Cooked rice -1 cup
- Soak rice in water for 4-6 hours.
- Drain and put it in a mixer grinder along with the grated coconut and cooked rice. Add water and grind it. Do not add too much water.
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of yeast in 2 tablespoon warm water along with 1 teaspoon sugar.Leave it to froth.
- Add the yeast to the Appam dough and mix well.
- Leave it out for 2-3 hours to rise and then keep it in the refrigerator.
- Take out the dough 1 hour before making appam. Add salt to taster and extra water (if required).
- Pour it into the Appa chatti. Spread well and close with a lid. Cook for 2 mins.
- Serve hot with vegetable stew/chicken curry/coconut milk with sugar.