Thanks to my friend Nima for this recipe.She is an expert in this area :)
12 Green chilly
Ginger Garlic Paste
Coriander powder- 2 spoon
Chilly powder-1 spoon
Turmeric powder-1/4 sppoon
Garam masala-1.5 spoon
Basmati Rice/Jeera Zamba Rice
Whole Spices - Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon, Mace, Star Anise
- Cut the onions into thin slices. Cut tomatoes into small pieces and the coriander,curry leaves into small pieces.
- Fry onion in a heavy bottom pan or a non stick frying pan.
- When the color turns golden, add tomatoes. Add salt and cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Grind the green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add this paste to the onion and tomato mixture. Saute till the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste is gone.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala to the above mixture. Stir well.
- Add 1 cup yogurt into the above mixture. Stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the above mixture and cook it in medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Add the coriander and curry leaves. Stir again and cook till the chicken is cooked well and the gravy almost dries up. Do not add water for cooking.
- Remove from Fire.
- Soak the rice in water for half an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 2 tablespoon of Ghee/Butter/Oil. Add whole spices and fry. Add the rice and fry for 2 mins in low flame. Switch of the stove and cover the vessel and keep aside for 5 mins.
- Add 1.5 cup of water for every 1 cup of rice to the above vessel and cook in low flame till done.
- Fry cashew and pineapple in another pan and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe container, put layers of rice and cooked chicken. Add the cashew and pineapple and chopped coriander leaves on top. Cover and keep in microwave for 5 mins.