1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) white sugar
3/4 cup (160 grams) light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (100 grams) walnuts (Optional)
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Use an electric mixer or a hand mixer to beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and beat until well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until it is well mixed, adding the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 10 - 14 minutes , or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.
My son loves M & M. So at times I make the cookies using M & M or Jam.