Chilly Powder - 1 table spoon
Coriander powder - 2.5 table spoon
Black Pepper powder- 2 table spoon
Garam Masala - 1 table spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon
Beef - 1 kg
Salt to taste
Shallots or onion chopped - 1 cup
Garlic chopped - 4-5 cloves
Ginger chopped - a small piece
Green chili chopped - 3
Coconut cuts ( Thenga kothu) - 1/4 cup
Oil - Preferably Coconut oil for this recipe :)
- Heat a small pan and add the ingredients 1-4 to make meat masala powder, except turmeric powder.
- Dry roast it for 4-5 minutes on a medium steady flame , until aromatic and brown.
- Switch off the heat and add turmeric powder. This will give you about 5-6 table spoon of meat masala.
- Clean and cut the beef into medium cubes and marinate it with half of the prepared masala powder, salt to taste and curry leaves. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles or until cooked.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan or a heavy bottom vessel and add curry leaves and coconut cuts.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes and add onion. Saute for 7-8 minutes; add crushed ginger,garlic and green chilies.
- Saute till they start to turn brown. Add the remaining masala powder and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the cooked beef along with cooking liquid if any and simmer until it is dry.
- Turn the flame to medium and saute,stirring often and scrape the bottom of the pan to prevent from burning,until it turns dark and dry.