1/2 kg Basmati Rice
1/2 kg Mutton
5 gms Cardamom
2 Cinnamon stick
10 Green Chillies or to taste
Pudina (mint leaves)
- Cut Green chilies, Coriander and Pudina into small pieces.
- Grind ginger and garlic.
- Marinate the washed mutton with 2 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste, the green chilies coriander leaves, Pudina, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbs chilly powder,2 tbs coriander powder, fried onion, lime juice and yogurt. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, the more the better.
- Cook Basmati rice with bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and salt. When half done, drain n keep aside.
- Keep a pressure pan on medium heat, pour 2 table spoon of oil or ghee. Ghee will give more flavor, but I usually use more of Rice Bran oil. Put the marinated meat into the pan and mix well. Keep it closed for 5 mins.
- Add the drained rice on top of the meat. Sprinkle the fried onions and little bit of coriander leaves on it. Close the pressure pan with the whistle on. Place the closed pressure pan on a tava and reduce the flame to low and cook for 40 mins.
The meat will be cooked by then and will fall off the bones. If you are doing it for the first time and you are worried whether it would be done properly or not then precook the meat.
Serve with Raitha and pickle :)