Cabbage Shredded - 2 Cups
Shallots chopped - 1/4 cup (1 tbsp kept aside for seasoning)
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Ginger chopped - 1/2 tsp
Green chiles chopped - 3
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix shredded cabbage, grated coconut, chopped ginger, green chilies, chopped shallots, turmeric powder an salt and mix well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when they pop up add curry leaves and chopped shallots.Saute for 2 minutes
- Add the cabbage-coconut mixture and combine it well.
- Keep everything to the center of the pan ad cook it covered on a low flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Uncover and saute for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.The cabbage should be cooked as well as crunchy. Serve warm with rice.