My all time favorite, caramel pudding!!! This is one of the easiest dessert you can make to impress your guest :)
2 Cups milk
1 Cup sugar - Add less or more as per your taste
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp sugar for caramel
- Add the sugar for making caramel into a dry pan.
- Heat the pan, add 1 tbsp of water to the sugar when it starts melting
- The sugar syrup will start bubbling, turn the heat off when it turns golden brown
- Pour the sugar syrup into the mould to cover the base.
- Beat the eggs well, add sugar to this and beat well till sugar dissolves.
- Add the milk to the egg sugar mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the vanilla essence to the above mixture.
- Add this mixture to the moulds having the caramel in it.
Pressure cooker Method
- Place the moulds in the pressure cooker filled with water such that the moulds are quarter submerged in water.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and put it on high heat.
- Wait for 4-5 whistles and turn off the heat.
- Wait for the cooker to cool down, take the moulds out and let it cool for sometime.
- Place in refrigerator and serve cold.
- For baking, preheat the oven to 180 °C .
- Place the moulds in a deep baking pan.
- Add water to the baking pan till the moulds are half submerged in water.
- Bake in 180 °C for 35- 40 mins or till it sets.
- Allow it to cool and place in refrigerator
- Serve cold