1/2 Kg Chicken - cut into small pieces, marinated in pepper powder, salt, lime juice and turmeric powder.
3 Onions cut into small slices
2 Green Chilly slit
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Fresh Pepper powder -3 to 4 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Lime Juice from 1 lime
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel. Add 2 tbsp oil, I used olive oil, coconut oil will add a good flavor i.e. if you are from kerala :).
- Add 8-10 curry leaves to the heated oil.
- Add the sliced onions,green chilies, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and salt to taste to it and saute till the onions brown.
- Add the tomato cubes, close the pan with a lid and cook in low heat till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the pepper powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to this and mix well. Check the spicy level and add more pepper powder if required.
- Add lime juice from half lime. Cover and cook in low heat. Do not add water.
- Add more curry leaves and 1 tsp of garam masala to this and cook until done.