2 medium sized crabs
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 4 to 6 cloves
Green Chilly - 2
Pepper powder- 2 to 3 bsp
Light Soya Sauce - 2 tbsp
Oil or unsalted butter- 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt (if required only)
- Clean the crab thoroughly and drain.
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel, add the butter or oil to the vessel.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chilly and fry till lightly brown and reduce the heat to low.
- .Add the pepper powder and Soya sauce and stir well
- Add water to this and mix well and bring to boil. Taste the mixture to see if salt is required, the soya will give a salty flavor.
- Add the crab to this and mix well so that the mixture covers the crab well.
- Close and cook in medium heat till the crab is cooked and the water dries up.
- Serve hot with rice.