Flavors of Middle East and their captivating aroma, we will start with Pita bread, a simple flat bread!
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1 packet Instant dry yeast (I used Red star)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup warm water
- In a bowl mix yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup warm water and let stand for 10 minutes until foamy.
- In a large bowl sieve the 3 cups flour with salt together and make a well in the middle.
- Slowly stir in yeast mix, olive oil and 1 cup warm water until well combined .
- In another large bowl add 1 tbsp olive oil and spread all over to keep dough from sticking.Place dough in oiled bowl, cover with a towel, and let sit for 2 hours in a warm place until well risen.
- After 2 hours and dough has risen, add flour on to table surface and knead dough for 10 minutes
- Form dough into small balls and let sit in a plate for 10 minutes. Cover with a damp towel.
- Preheat oven to 240 degree C.
- Roll out balls using extra flour for dusting while rolling.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until lightly brown and dough puffs up.
We sealed the pockets with minced beef and Mozzarella Cheese