I am sure everyone will get this right at the first go, this cake is very easy to make. Best thing about the recipe is that you will not forget the quantity, equal quantity of sugar, butter and flour :). My inspiration in cake baking is my hubby, he always gets it right!
Unsalted Butter - 175 g
Caster Sugar - 175 g
Self-raising flour - 175 g
Salt - A pinch
Chocolate broken into pieces - 175g
Water -6 tbsp
Single cream - 3 tbsp
Unsalted butter- 15g
- Preheat oven to 180 °C
- Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat it using an electric mixer until it is fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and salt into a separate bowl and add to the mixture, folding in with a metal spoon.
- Grease the cake tin and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake fo 25-30 mins or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool for a while and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate with water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the cream and remove from heat,
- Stir in the butter and pour over the cake.
- Arrange the sugar balls and choco chips as you wish - you can skip this step if you don't want any decoration :).
- Leave to set before slicing.
Note: Recipe adapted from the book "Mmmm...Baking".