Beetroot pachadi has almost the same ingredients as the cucumber pachadi except that I do not crush the mustard and add along with the grated coconut/cumin mixture.
Beetroot - 2 cups, cut into very small pieces
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - a pinch
Green Chilly - 2 or as per your spice level
Yogurt - 1 cup
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Dry red chilies
- Remove the skin of the beetroot and cut into small pieces.
- Cook the beetroot with little water along with salt and green chilies cut into small pieces.
- Grind coconut together with a pinch of cumin seeds.
- Once the beetroot pieces are cooked(in about 3-5 mins), add the ground coconut paste.
- Continue cooking in low flame for another 3 minutes or till the raw smell of the coconut is gone.
- Add the curd and stir well till it becomes thick. Remove from the flame (do not let it boil).
- Splutter mustard seeds and saute dry red chillies and shallots and curry leaves for a few minutes.
- Pour seasoning over the pachadi.