Chicken - 1/2 kg
Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1tsp
Lime Juice - 2 tbsp
Yogurt -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 1 pod
Green Chilly - 2 to3
Coriander Leaves/Curry Leaves, Lemon wedges and Onions for garnishing
Oil for deep frying
- Grind the ingredients under grinding. You would need approximately 2 tbsp of this ground mixture.
- Wash the chicken pieces well and marinate with this ground mixture and the rest of the ingredients under the Marinade well. You can reduce or increase the chilly/pepper powder as per the spice level you need.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces in batches.
- Cook covered in low heat till the chicken is cooked well.
- Turn the heat to medium high and cook uncovered for another 1 min or till they turn crispy on the outside.
- Place the fried chicken pieces on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil
- Serve with Coriander leaves/Onion/Lemon wedges. Instead of coriander leaves, curry leaves can also be fried along with the chicken till it turns crispy and used for garnishing.
- The longer you let the marinated chicken sit in the refrigerator the softer it will turn out to be. If you do not let it stand for a while before frying, it might turn out to be hard.
- Cooking non-veg covered in low heat will ensure that it is cooked well from inside also and faster too.