Pineapple - 2 cups, cut into very small pieces
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - a pinch
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Dry Chilies - 2 to 3
Yogurt - 1/2 cup (preferably not so sour)
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Dry red chilies
- Remove the skin of the pineapple and cut into small pieces.
- Cook the pineapple with little water along with salt and turmeric.
- Grind coconut together with a pinch of cumin seeds. Grind the dry red chilies also.
- Once the pineapple pieces are cooked, add the ground coconut paste.
- Continue cooking in low flame for another 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the curd and stir well till it becomes thick. Remove from the flame (do not let it boil).The consistency should be thick and not watery unlike the cucumber pachadi.
- Splutter mustard seeds and saute dry red chillies and shallots and curry leaves for a few minutes.
- Pour seasoning over the pachadi.