Pineapple - 1/2 cup, cut into big cubes.
Green chilies - 2 - 3 slit
Chilly powder - 1/2 - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
Yoghurt - 2 cup
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies - 1 - 2
Fenugreek powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - To taste
- Cook the pineapple cubes, slit green chilies, few curry leaves, chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt adding enough water and cook covered until the pineapple is soft and well cooked.
- Grind the coconut and cumin seeds to a very fine paste.
- After the pineapple is cooked, add the ground coconut paste. Reduce the flame and cook.
- Now add the beaten yoghurt, again at low heat. Check for salt.
- Mix well and cook for a few more minutes at low heat stirring continuously, not allowing it to boil.
- In another pan, add oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add dry red chilies and curry leaves and fenugreek powder (or whole seeds). Pour this over the pulliseri.
- Serve with rice.