Kadala Maavu/ Besan/Gram Flour - 1 Cup
Rice Flour - 1/2 Cup
Melted Butter - 1 tbsp
Hot oil - 2 tbsp
Ajwain/Carom seeds - 1/8 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil for frying
- Grind the Ajwain well without water, add 1/4 cup water to this and grind again. Filter this and keep aside.
- Sieve the besan and rice flour into a bowl. Mix with salt, butter, hot oil and the ajwain mixture and mix well.
- Add more water if required but don't make it too runny. The consistency should be sticky.
- Fill the seva nazhi/idiappam maker with the above mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and squeeze the mixture into the hot oil using the idiappam maker.
- Add some curry leaves to the oil.
- Deep fry in medium flame, turn after the bubbling stops and fry for another minute.
- Once done, take it aside into a kitchen towel to drain the oil.
- Press gently and break it into small pieces, store in an air tight container.