Cucumber(Vellarika) - 2 cups, cut into very small pieces
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - a pinch
Green Chilly - 2 or as per your spice level
Yogurt - 1 cup
Dry red chilies
- Remove the skin and the seeds of the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Cook the cucumber with little water along with salt and green chilies cut into small pieces.
- Grind coconut together with a pinch of cumin seeds. Crush a pinch of mustard and add to this.
- Once the cucumber pieces are cooked, add the ground coconut paste.
- Continue cooking in low flame for another 3 minutes or till the raw smell of the coconut is gone.
- Add the curd and stir well till it becomes thick. Remove from the flame (do not let it boil).
- Splutter mustard seeds and saute dry red chillies and shallots and curry leaves for a few minutes.
- Pour seasoning over the vellarikka pachadi.