1.5 Cup all purpose Flour or Cake Flour
1 Cup plain yogurt (not so sour and at room temperature)
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup oil (used rice bran oil)
1 tsp Vanilla extract/essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Beat yogurt well using a electric mixer.
- Add Sugar to the yogurt and beat well. Add the baking powder and baking soda and beat well again.
- Set aside for 5 mins (bubbles will start forming).
- Add Vanilla extract and oil to the above and mix well.
- Sift in the flour and fold well. Brush a cake tin with some butter and pour the batter into it.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 mins or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.