175 g Plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
175g unsalted butter (softened)
175 g sugar
3 eggs beaten
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C. Grease the cake tin and keep aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add butter, caster sugar and eggs and beat well.
- Pour half of the mixture to another bowl
- Mix the cocoa powder with the milk and stir into 1 bowl of mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract to the other bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the 2 mixtures alternatively into the cake tin.
- Swirl with a knife of wooden skewer to give a marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 mins or till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and dry.
- Leave it aside to cool for 10 mins and turn on to a wire rack.