1/3 cup Rice short grain
1 cup double cream
1.5 cup water
3 cups milk (keep aside 4 tbsp from this for mixing corn starch)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract /essence
3 tbs corn starch
1 egg yolk
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Dissolve corn starch in 4 tbsp milk and keep aside.
- Cook rice in 1.5 cups of water till the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked really well
- Add milk, sugar, vanilla essence and cream to the rice and continue to cook in medium heat.
- Add the corn starch milk mixture to this and stir until bubbles start forming on top.
- Cook for another 3 mins in low heat and remove from heat.
- Let it cool, pour into a baking tray.
- Mix the egg yolk with 3 tbsp of the prepared pudding.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the pudding to form a thin uniform layer.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon powder over it. Bake in 180 degree C for 20 mins.
- You could also continue baking until a brown crust forms on top.
- Leave it to cool and refrigerate.Serve chilled.
The picture below is baked with layer of egg yolk. If you don't want to use egg, you could avoid this step and then you will end up with the pudding as in the pic above :).