1/2 Kg Chicken, cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Red chilly powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
3 Green Chilies
1 Onion, sliced
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1/2 cup yogurt
Salt as required
- In a bowl, mix the fennel, cumin, mustard, fenugreek seeds, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt together.
- Keep 3 tbsp of this mixture aside and mix with the juice of half lime.
- Slit the green chilies and remove the seeds. Stuff the chilies with the 3 tbsp mixture with lime juice which is kept aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the remaining spice mix.
- Add the onions after the mustard, cumin etc starts spluttering and fry till golden brown. Add a little salt.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well so that the spice mix coats the chicken fully. Do not add water.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smells goes.
- Add the yogurt to the chicken and stir well. Adjust the salt.
- Place the stuffed green chilies over the chicken and cook covered until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve hot with roti.