I was googling for some chicken recipes when I came across Sig's 'Chicken Fry with Green Chilly Marinade'. Yummylicious find, the hubby was very happy :).
I have made slight variations to the original recipe, i.e. reducing the number of chilies and using shallots, turmeric, coriander leaves etc.
1/2 Kg Chicken, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder, freshly ground
2 tbsp lime juice
Coriander leaves and Curry leaves
Salt to taste
6 green chilies
1 Onion, medium size
6 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of grated ginger
3 tbsp of Vinegar
- Grind the ingredients under 'To Grind' section. Do not add water.
- Marinate the chicken in this paste and salt for at least 30 minutes.
- Saute the shallots and half of the curry leaves in a pan till onions starts to brown. Add little salt while sauteing.
- Add the black pepper and turmeric and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces to the pan and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook till the chicken is cooked properly. Do not add water.
- Remove the lid and keep stirring till all the liquid (from the chicken) is dried up and the chicken pieces turns brown.
- Add the lemon juice and the remaining curry leaves and coriander leaves and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.