Cranberries are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc. In fact all berries seem to be very very healthy. Cranberries are a bit tart and hence not eaten raw. I couldn't resist picking up a pack of fresh cranberries at the grocery store. Frankly I didn't know what to do with them!!!
As always, hubby dear has a solution for everything :) I was supposed to post the 50th recipe in this blog. So he suggested a layer cake with cranberry sauce topping. And he helped to make the cranberry sauce :) so sweet of him.
These deep red berries look so beautiful. Nothing like working with fresh ingredients :).
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
340 g fresh cranberry
- Sort out and discard any soft bad berries. Wash and drain the rest of the good berries.
- Dissolve the sugar in the orange juice in a medium sized saucepan.
- Put the cranberries into the saucepan and stir well.
- Cook until the cranberries start popping, about 10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl and cool in room temperature.
- Chill in refrigerator, the sauce thickens as it cools down.