I was wondering if I would still be interested in cooking if I didn't have 2 big food critics(my biggest fans too!) right at my home, my hubby and elder son (younger one is too small to say anything, just a month old!). Now why did I tell you this? It's because once again am going to say that I made pizza because my sonny dear loves it :)
I had marinated chicken for making chicken 65 for dinner when he said pizzzzzzzzzzzzaaaa. So I made pizza with chicken 65 as one of the toppings.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (Atta)
1 teaspoon dry active yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar (I used honey)
Toppings of your choice
- Add the dry yeast to 2 tbsp lukewarm water. Add the sugar and mix well and rest for a while.
- In a bowl, combine the wheat flour, salt, olive oil,water and the yeast mixture. Sprinkle oregano for flavor.
- Mix well with a spoon and continue to mix with your hands. Knead the dough well to form a ball.
- Take out the dough and oil the bowl and put the dough back. Turn the dough over so all the sides are coated.
- Cover it with a cling wrap and leave it undisturbed for 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C.
- After 1-2 hours, take it out from the bowl and punch it down. Roll back into a ball and roll it out to the required thickness and diameter you like.
- Prick the rolled dough with a fork. Spread tomato sauce.
- Top with the toppings of your choice and bake in 190 degree C for 25 mins.
- I had divided the dough into 2 portions before rolling out 1 portion for a thinner crust. I made pizza dough buns with the other portion.
- For topping I have used chopped onions and capsicum, cherry tomatoes, chicken 65 and cheese.
- Cheese - I have used a blend of mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan.
- You could keep the pizza base in the oven for 3-5 mins before adding the toppings for a crispier crust.