So now back to blogging, I am planning to come back with more interesting recipes and post much more frequently now. Happy cooking everyone!
I have always been fascinated with Turkish Cuisine. This recipe(Menemen) has been taken from the book "Classic Turkish Cooking" by Ghillie Basan. I must say, one of the best Turkish cook books I have seen so far. So let's get started :).
- 1 Onion, roughly sliced
- 1 Green Capsicum, roughly sliced
- 1 Green Chilly, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil and a little butter
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Pour the oil and butter in a pan and add the onion, capsicum and chilly.
- Saute till the colour changes to golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until the mixture is dry.
- Add the salt and ground black pepper and mix well.
- Crack the eggs over this mixture, cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook in low heat until the eggs are just done.