Anyways, that pumpkin ended up in my kitchen (of course after the carving!), no I didn't make pumpkin pie, it is pumpkin halwa :).
Here is the pumpkin which we bought, a small one for my little boy :)
This is the first time I attempted to carve a pumpkin, no specific tools for carving, just 2 knives! But that is enough to entertain my kido :).
Ok now let's make the halwa.
3 cups grated pumpkin
3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar (or as per taste)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Cashews for garnishing
- In a pan, heat the ghee and roast the cashews and keep aside.
- Add the grated pumpkin and saute for 10 mins.
- Add the milk and stir well. Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 10 mins.
- Add the sugar and the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook until the moisture evaporates and the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with cashews.
- Serve warm or cold.