1 tsp red chilly powder (or to taste)
1 cup Chickpeas flour (besan)
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 cup peanuts or less
A pinch of asafoetida
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
- Mix the besan with red chilly powder, asafoetida and salt to taste.
- Add water little by little to achieve the dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop few drops of the mixture to check consistency.
- If you get round boondis which are not very transparent, the consistency is correct.
- Pour the remaining mixture into the hot oil using a slotted spoon.
- Deep fry in medium heat till boondis are golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil.
- Fry the curry leaves and peanuts and add to the boondis with little chilly powder and salt (if required) and mix well.
- Store in an air tight container.