I have started experimenting with Paneer now a days. The hubby loves paneer, now me and kids too have started liking it :). Lot of friends are asking for veggie recipes, so I thought I should start trying out some veggie recipes other than my usual kerala sytle ones. So my next few posts will be paneer based mostly. I hope you will enjoy it. So let's get started.
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 -1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
A pinch of kasuri methi
Salt to taste
- Soak the cashews and almonds in hot water for 15-20 mins. Grind it and keep aside.
- Cut paneer into long strips and shallow fry until light brown and keep aside.
- Add the finely chopped onions to the same pan with little more oil and salt. Saute until light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute in medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add the ground paste of cashew and almonds to the masala and mix well.
- Add half cup of water and let the mixture boil.
- Add the paneer, kasuri methi and garam masala and mix well. Cook in low flame for 3-4 mins.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well and cook for a min. Do not allow the curry to boil.
Note: Recipe adapted from foodviva