Hot hot summer and one of the first things which comes to my mind is the sharbhat which I used to have back at my hometown. I have never been able to make a sharbhat anywhere near that..sob sob sob. Maybe next time I should ask the shop owner for the secret recipe ;). Anyways, today we will make an easy summer cooler with ice apple (nongu), lime and sabja seeds. So coooool right :).
5-6 Ice Apple (Nongu)
1 tbsp Sabja seeds (Basil seeds/Tukmaria)
Sugar to taste
A pinch of salt (optional)
- Clean the sabja seeds. In a bowl soak the cleaned sabja seeds in 1/4 cup water and allow the seeds to bloom.
- In a blender, blend the ice apple along with a cup of water. Do not make into a smooth paste. Few chew-able bits and pieces makes the drink more interesting.
- Squeeze the lime and add the juice to the blender. Add one more cup of water along with sugar and a pinch of salt and give a quick blend.
- Pour into a serving glass and mix the bloomed sabja seeds to it and serve chilled or add ice cubes.
- Add sugar and water as per taste. If you like it more sour then add less water and sugar.